Author Topic: From the Inbox 2  (Read 218 times)

Offline noquiexis

• Governor
  • Administrator
  • Tourist
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • View Profile
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
From the Inbox 2
« on: January 26, 2017, 02:29:45 PM »
The Final Exam

There were four sophomores taking chemistry and all of them had an 'A'  so far. These four friends were so confident that the weekend before finals, they decided to visit some friends and have a big party. They had a great time but, after all the hearty partying, they slept all day Sunday and didn't make it back to Florida State until early Monday morning.

Rather than taking the final then, they decided that after the final they would explain to their professor why they missed it.  They said that they visited friends but on the way back they had a flat tire. As a result, they missed the final.  The professor agreed they could makeup the final the next day.  The guys were excited and relieved.  They studied that night for the exam.

The next day the professor placed them in separate rooms and gave them a test booklet. They quickly answered the first problem worth 5 points.  Cool, they thought!  Each one, in a separate room, thought this was going to be easy ... then they turned the page

On the second page was written...

For 95 points:  Which tire?

:P :P :P

From a DAZ3D e-mail:

FWF Janna - Little Devil Expansion

She looks a bit like Angelina Jolie in Maleficent.

:P 8) :P

This was not in my inbox, but on the news. A road sign in Utah advises drivers to "Get your head out of your apps."

8) C:-) 8)

Just in time for A Christmas Story!

"Major Award!"

Old Man Parker: "Hey! I just won a 'Major Award!' I know the perfect spot for it!"

Mother Parker: "You cannot be serious!"

Fröhliche Weihnachten!

These two Christmas videos were sent to me from a German-born lady who was recently Naturalized. They show some of the best of both countries!

Greetings fellow Earthlings!

Looking for a special getaway? Check out these exotic locations brought to you by the friendly folks at NASA! Also good for classroom activities!

Exotic Cosmic Locales Available as Space Tourism Posters

Download posters

For more adventures, see the
Steve Thomas Travel Agency

(page takes a few seconds to load)

8) ;D 8)

" ... to boldly go where no man has gone before."

'Enterprise' Nebulae Seen by Spitzer

These nebulae seen by NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope, at left, may resemble two versions of the starship Enterprise from "Star Trek," overlaid at right. Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech

Just in time for the 50th anniversary of the TV series "Star Trek," which first aired September 8th,1966, a new infrared image from NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope may remind fans of the historic show.

Since ancient times, people have imagined familiar objects when gazing at the heavens. There are many examples of this phenomenon, known as pareidolia, including the constellations and the well-known nebulae named Ant, Stingray and Hourglass.

On the right of the image, with a little scrutiny, you may see hints of the saucer and hull of the original USS Enterprise, captained by James T. Kirk, as if it were emerging from a dark nebula. To the left, its "Next Generation" successor, Jean-Luc Picard's Enterprise-D, flies off in the opposite direction.

Astronomically speaking, the region pictured in the image falls within the disk of our Milky Way galaxy and displays two regions of star formation hidden behind a haze of dust when viewed in visible light. Spitzer's ability to peer deeper into dust clouds has revealed a myriad of stellar birthplaces like these, which are officially known only by their catalog numbers, IRAS 19340+2016 and IRAS19343+2026.

Trekkies, however, may prefer using the more familiar designations NCC-1701 and NCC-1701-D. Fifty years after its inception, Star Trek still inspires fans and astronomers alike to boldly explore where no one has gone before.

Follow the link above to see the original article.

8) :) 8)

I have become really attached to this image. I am using her in all of my latest renders.

Not from my inbox, but ...

I have a tee shirt from the Toledo Zoo very much like the picture below. The quote is from a member of the Jim Butcher Online forum.

Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.
(Never Tickle a Sleeping Dragon.)

:P 8) :P

Darth Vader – The Photographer’s Worst Client

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIIxOpmY0bU&feature=em-subs_digest

;D ;D ;D
"Green is in the mistletoe and red is in the holly
 Silver in the stars above that shine on everybody
 Gold is in the candlelight and crimson in the embers
 White is in the winter night that everyone remembers

White Is In The Winter Night (2008) by Enya
Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4

Offline noquiexis

• Governor
  • Administrator
  • Tourist
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • View Profile
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
Re: From the Inbox 2
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 09:58:43 AM »
     Karl Taylor created one of Arthur Mole’s living photographs with the help of 650 school kids.

"Green is in the mistletoe and red is in the holly
 Silver in the stars above that shine on everybody
 Gold is in the candlelight and crimson in the embers
 White is in the winter night that everyone remembers

White Is In The Winter Night (2008) by Enya
Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4