Author Topic: Introducing Rari...  (Read 291 times)

Offline Hollywu

• Tourist
    • View Profile
Introducing Rari...
« on: February 23, 2017, 04:19:07 PM »
Hollywu asked me to take a minute and sit down and write this so here goes...

Greetings from (usually) Sunny Tucson, AZ!

My name is Rari Alicia Yamaguchi and I was born and raised in San Marcos, CA. My Dad was 1/2 Japanese and 1/2 Korean and my Mom was 1/2 French and 1/2 Cherokee. Despite having a few learning disabilities I managed to graduate from high school early. I decided to attend a community college and get my general education requirements completed. This time last year, I met Hollywu on-line. I was having a hard time with school and was about to quit. She told me to hang in there. We texted and chatted quite a bit. She encouraged me to stick with it as I only had 3 weeks left of classes. If I quit I would be out my time, money and have to take those classes again later, should I go back. She told me she had had the same thing happen when she was a bit older. She quit and worked a year. She said it worked out great. One night when I was in tears, while on the phone with her, she told me, if you can just hang in there a few more weeks and finish up, I will make you a deal. How about you come to Tucson, AZ for a year and just take a break. Sometimes you get burned out and need to just do something else awhile. She offered me my own room with no strings attached. She said I didn't have to work but could help her do stuff around the house and help take care of her animals, help her manage bills, etc. For some reason, even though we met on-line, I felt she was sincere and that this would be something that would totally change my life. It really was! Of course, moving out of state to stay with a person I'd not met made me nervous. However, the minute she opened the door and gave me a hug I felt like I'd known her my whole life. Somehow my luggage was stolen so I literally arrived with the clothes on my back. She was prepared and gave me some new clothes as a welcome present. I laugh looking back as some of them were just what I liked and a few others were a bit off the mark. However, I do know she was kind and thoughtful to me from day 1. I hadn't even been here a month and we both realized we were meant to be together. I ended up asking her to marry me. A lot of my friends tell me I was nuts to do that. However, I know what I'm doing and haven't regretted it once. And yes, we are very happily married!  ;) Since then we have added 2 very dear friends from Japan - Akiko Kurosawa and Sadako Furimoto to our family. Hollywu and I can't imagine our lives without them. We also have a friend who arrived shortly after I did. His name is Sal and he began as our houseboy but ended up as personal assistant but now is studying nursing. Oh yes... I ended up not taking off a full year but only 6 months. I am back at school studying to be a therapist. Hollywu says I have the knack for it. I love helping people!

Other things about me... I LOVE books! I was so elated to see how many Hollywu has here when I arrived. I don't drive but my dream car is a 61-63 Ford Falcon. I think they are really fun and ahead of their time. Plus you can find parts pretty easily. I am learning to play guitar. I like all kinds of music. My favorite drink is coffee and I also like In & Out Burger and lots of fruits and veggies and chili - Hollywu and Sal make the BEST chili ever! I'm mobility challenged and do use a wheelchair but I don't let that stop me from having an amazing life! My favorite holiday is Halloween but the first holiday I enjoyed with Hollywu was Easter. I also love toy trains and Hollywu got me one for Christmas. She's been into them off and on since she was younger and we are hoping to do something in HO scale. She's been teaching me how to build model buildings. I really enjoy it and it's something we have fun doing together! I love animals and am so happy we have 2 elderly dogs, a little old canary and a tarantula.

Anyhow... I look forward to making new friends and hearing more about everyone!

Hugs,

Rari

Offline Hollywu

• Tourist
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing Rari...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 04:34:35 PM »
Hollywu tells me one reason she is so lucky to have me is that I always read the directions! As you can see from this photo, I really do enjoy making tiny buildings. She tells me she loves this photo of me because you can see how intensely I am concentrating on this project! I have so much to learn but Hollywu is a great teacher and so patient. We have so much fun.

Our goal is to work on an HO scale layout. We also enjoy doing the research for the buildings and we're both architecture nerds! We plan to do an amusement park and beach on our layout since we both grew up in Southern CA. We also want to do a lot of Route 66 type things - a diner and motels.. We even have a kit for a drive in movie theater.

Offline noquiexis

• Governor
  • Administrator
  • Tourist
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • View Profile
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 09:26:17 PM »
Rari Alicia Yamaguchi, Hollywu, and friends,

Welcome to Magnus Bay Colony! I read your profile. You have a lot to offer! We love creative types like you, and look forward to seeing some of your projects! Our ethnic and cultural diversity makes us an interesting and lively bunch, so feel free to express yourself in the arts!

8) :-* 8)
"Green is in the mistletoe and red is in the holly
 Silver in the stars above that shine on everybody
 Gold is in the candlelight and crimson in the embers
 White is in the winter night that everyone remembers

White Is In The Winter Night (2008) by Enya
Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4

Offline Hollywu

• Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 10:39:18 PM »
Thank you so much for the very warm welcome! We haven't been here that long but really love to find other folks who enjoy being creative like we do!

Offline poly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 05:13:30 PM »
Hello! What an interesting experience you describe; very cool way to introduce yourself. :thumb:

A tarantula, really!?!? Yikes!  :o  Mrs. Poly likes to keep critters out of the house!