Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
4Woods / Re: Another Lissa wants to be second
« Last post by noquiexis on December 03, 2018, 08:06:44 PM »
     Even dolls like to recapture the days of their youth! Nice couple of pictures!

:) :) :)
4Woods / Re: Another Lissa wants to be second
« Last post by odc061210 on December 03, 2018, 07:39:24 PM »
There was a post elsewhere mentioning beautiful doll eyes (or the eyes of a beautiful doll). It got me remembering how much I love the eyes of my dolls ...

Not the Lissa of this topic, but the serene eyes of her older sister

And Lissa on her unboxing day, wearing a wig for the first time. Not all that different from the first photo in this topic, but with the camera's flash lighting her eyes
Asian Dolls / Re: SinoDoll 161 Portraits S2 S4 and S5
« Last post by noquiexis on November 21, 2018, 06:56:48 AM »
     Nice catalog shoot! I like the comparison of direct to reflected light.

Asian Dolls / SinoDoll 161 Portraits S2 S4 and S5
« Last post by Haremlover on November 21, 2018, 05:14:01 AM »
Using reflected sunlight

Head S5

or direct sunlight

Using reflected sunlight

Head S2

or direct sunlight

Using reflected sunlight

Head S4

or direct sunlight

Best wishes

Harem
General Discussion / Muppets and Chocolate
« Last post by noquiexis on October 28, 2018, 03:35:33 PM »
     Christine McConnell has an odd sense of baking. She started out making frighteningly good creations and posting photos of them on Instagram. She caught the eye if the folks at The Jim Henson Company, who with Wilshire Studios is producing her Netflix series "The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell".

Note: All photos are from her Twitter account.

Christine's power saw

Christine also has a book out detailing how to bake some of her creepy creations. I found it at Amazon. The book should also be available at other outlets.

Deceptive Desserts: A Lady's Guide to Baking Bad! Kindle Hardcover

Deceptive Desserts Christmas Spread

Aliens

Retro Reaper

The Muppet Wiki hints that:
"In her follow-up book, McConnell will go outside the kitchen to show readers how to incorporate magic and fantasy into their home decor and personal style without breaking the bank. Using the renovations of her own house as a guide, McConnell walks readers through easy DIY projects such as hand-painted wallpaper, refinishing wood and tile floors, and adding storage space, along with inexpensive decorating tips."

I could find no evidence of this follow-up book, but since the Netflix series just started on October 12, it may still be a work-in-progress.

Anatomical Doll / Re: Dressember 2018
« Last post by noquiexis on October 25, 2018, 06:06:31 PM »
     The four dresses that I pre-ordered are in. There are a few items for the 2018 campaign that have not yet arrived, but I do not need them until December. I did get some bow ties, but it is a bit early to post pictures of myself wearing them.

My campaign page has my real name on it, so I will not post that here. If you would like to donate or register for Dressember, just go to http://www.dressember.org/. If you really want to donate to my campaign page, send me a PM here and I will send  it to you.

Tech Talk / Re: Unplanned outages
« Last post by noquiexis on October 19, 2018, 10:41:53 AM »
Outage report 19 Oct 2018

{Me}
Client
Over the past few days I have noticed times when I could not access any portion of the website. As of 19 Oct 2018 at 9:36am I could not even access the cPanel.
 "Can’t reach this page
•Make sure the web address https://serverxxx.webhostingpad.com:xxxx is correct" <-- details removed by noquiexis)

Walben Whitebrew
Staff
Hello,
It appears you might have been blocked from our server. Could you please get back to us with your IP address so that we can check our firewall logs?
You can get this information from our site at http://www.webhostingpad.com/whatismyip
Regards,
 Walben Whitebrew
 WebHostingPad Support

{Me}
Client
According to http://www.myipaddress.com/show-my-ip-address/ that number is (removed by noquiexis)

{Me}
Client
Your page at https://secure.webhostingpad.com/billing/whatismyip.php returned:
Oops!
We couldn't find that page
Please try navigating using the options below.

Ron
Staff
Hello,
Your local system IP address (removed by noquiexis) has been blocked at our server firewall due to below reason. I have unblocked the IP and you should access the services now.
Temporary Blocks: IP:(removed by noquiexis) Port: Dir:inout TTL:1800 (lfd - (CT) IP (removed by noquiexis) (US/United States/(removed by noquiexis).lightspeed.toldoh.sbcglobal.net) found to have 165 connections)
Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.
Thank You,
Ron
 Technical Support Representative
 WebHostingPad

{Me}
Client
What caused this problem and how can I prevent a reoccurrence?

Walben Whitebrew
Staff
Hello,
Our server firewall blocked your IP address because you had 165 connections to the server from your IP. This can sometime's be caused by an FTP or from updating your website with too many tabs open.
I have gone ahead and added your IP address to an allow list that will make the server firewall more lenient towards your IP.

{Me}
Client
Just before the outage, I checked a Simple Machines Forum web page. Was that enough to trip the overcount alarm?

Walben Whitebrew
Staff
Hello,
That shouldn't be what would cause it. It may have been a false positive from our firewall. The allow list I have added you to should alleviate the issue.
Regards,
 Walben Whitebrew
 WebHostingPad Support

:-X :-X :-X
Anatomical Doll / Re: Dressember 2018
« Last post by Haremlover on October 16, 2018, 01:34:58 PM »
A brilliant endeavour

Best wishes

Harem
Anatomical Doll / Dressember 2018
« Last post by noquiexis on October 11, 2018, 11:29:12 PM »
Dressember 2018

I support the Dressember Foundation (see my forum post here) which works to free people from human slavery and sex trafficking. Ladies who join Dressember wear a dress every day throughout December (Dress + December = "Dressember") and men wear neckties or bow ties every day. Advocates donate and raise funds to support Grant Partners who work to prevent people from being trafficked and to aid those who are already trapped in this indignity. Since the program began, over $5 million was raised. During 2017 they raised $2 million. The 2018 goal is $3 million.

Dressember partners with Elegantees (and other Brand Partners) to help provide employment for those rescued from slavery and sex trafficking and to prevent others from being forced into those indignities.

The Dressember 2018 Collection includes several Elegantees dresses that were designed by celebrities. Jennifer's Dress that I acquired in January 2017 was designed by Dressember Founder and CEO Blythe Hill.

I purchased four dresses from the Dressember 2018 Collection. They were expected to arrive in November, but the first one arrived on October 11. It is the Danielle Dress in Indigo, designed by Danielle Urban.

The first dress that I ordered was designed by Jennifer Morrison. It is the Jennifer Dress in Blue Slate

I also ordered the same dress in Ruby Red.*

Among the other dresses that I like is the Jes Dress in Aubergine, designed by Jessica Rey. The response to the new collection was so great that this dress SOLD OUT in the first week of October! Once the sewing team gets caught up, they will be taking new orders for this dress.

I counted 43 dresses in the current studio wardrobe (before the Danielle arrived), so I have plenty to choose from. I plan to put a different dress on Feodora every day of December. Rather than post the "normal_" size pictures here, I will format the page in the same fashion as the Our Doll Community Monthly Photo Challenge Winners page.

* Jennifer Morrison stared in the ABC drama Once Upon A Time. Meghan Ory played the characters of Ruby and Red Lucas. (Ruby / Red) I have to wonder if the design team chose that color name for this coincidence.

:heart: :-* :heart:
Asian Dolls / Re: JM are unfairly neglected
« Last post by Haremlover on October 08, 2018, 02:32:19 PM »
Is that a 4Woods? She's very fine.

JM will be clunky no doubt in the feel of skeleton movements in comparison but is extraordinary value. The feel is soft into the bargain and the breasts rather superb. I've also been flirting with Sanhui, excellent too, but there's a particular charm of JM's lady. She's the Julie face.

In the UK they don't stay with customs long enough to be "used". Probably Jeff at BCD or Don at MonAmourToujours will get one for anyone but I find it hard to believe that customs would do more than handle a doll to make sure there isn't a cache of drugs. Having said that, however, I had an SM a year ago which had clearly been handled by Customs and lost a finger nail. However with silicone, the material rejects everything and so is easy to ensure is sterile.

A couple of years ago I was consultant on a new brand and this led me into contact with a number of the Chinese manufacturers so I've been vaguely aware of developments with skeletons and TPE material types. But for me a doll has to come to life and a TPE manufacturer that achieves this is SM

The ability of a doll to be able to stand unsupported by anything else, balanced purely on her feet enabling these poses is for me rather fun, even quite a sport.

My JM lady fell over on the stone, and without harm. Nothing untoward happened to the skeleton, no grazing and nothing that a shower from a water can didn't wash off. For me that's a defining test.

Another brand that's coming along with a good long standing heritage is Sino-doll. They've rebranded their premium dolls out of Z-One, formerly Hitdoll and they're another factory who knows what they're doing.

If such expectations and indications bear fruit their upcoming 161

is going to be intense competition for other brands.

A few weeks ago I was invited to Amsterdam to talk there about dolls and the video might be of interest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il1zdeFyWP4 In the end section there's a summary of photographs of an escapade in London which would have been difficult with many dolls, but with dolls it's horses for courses, whether purely in the bedroom, flirting or falling in love with, photography and modelling or for more . . .

My real preference is for dolls under 30kgs but up to 35kgs is for me manageable. Moving up to 40 takes me into realms of "I wish she were lighter". The JM is within that 30-35kgs band.

Best wishes

Harem
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10