Author Topic: Sad story  (Read 199 times)

Offline odc061210

• Tourist
Sad story
« on: March 05, 2018, 07:42:11 AM »
http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=9888.msg124918#msg124918

a) I believe the story

b) I hope Mike does indeed get his refund

c) This is a 'very' bad doll buying experience. How many 'less' bad experiences must other people have for all potential buyers to fully understand the risks. My personal opinion, confirmed by my personal experience (sample of ONE, so take with grain of salt) is that the doll hobby is a 'dirty business'. With the amount of money involved, the 'wise' choice is to only buy from vendors with pristine reputations. My personal experience is that, though I have had several other problems with doll purchases, two of those problems have been caused by misrepresentations on the part of the vendors. The only vendors I can recommend as not having misrepresented anything to me are 4woods and Ruby. Just sayin'

Offline odc061210

• Tourist
Re: Sad story
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 05:43:36 AM »
http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=9867.msg125084#msg125084

Where does YKW get off talking about 'good & decent' and calling ANYTHING a 'cruel hoax'? Has he refunded Mike's money yet ???

Offline noquiexis

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Tour Guide
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • Five Lines Four Spaces
Re: Sad story
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 06:59:58 AM »
odc061210,

The scuttlebutt in the ODC chat room and the posts on Mike Tango's topic is that YKW is a disreputable doll flipper - he buys used dolls only to sell them at a higher price. This is also known as "scalping". ODC rules for The Auction Block stipulate that photos or descriptions of damage must accompany any sales post. I almost never look at the used doll board, so I cannot verify whether these pictures exist or not.

If Prizmgirl posted such pictures when she sold the doll, it would have been a simple matter to link to those photos. Apparently Mike Tango saw her post, but was out-bid for her doll by YKW. Since YKW was the current seller, it fell on him to posts pictures and descriptions of the damage. I doubt if he did, since Mike Tango drove down from Canada without knowing the condition of the doll.

Frankly, I do not know why the ODC owner and moderators permit YKW to continue doing business there. I do not have all the facts, so maybe there is more to the story. Neither do I want to launch my own investigation into YKW's business practices. I do realize that the moderators are all unpaid volunteers, and they have their own lives to lead. Such is life.

:-X :-X :-X
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket 1940
Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4