Author Topic: Must read for TPE Manufacturers, Resellers, and Vendors  (Read 385 times)

Offline noquiexis

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Tour Guide
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • Five Lines Four Spaces
Must read for TPE Manufacturers, Resellers, and Vendors
« on: December 25, 2016, 11:52:41 AM »
Must read for TPE Manufacturers, Resellers, and Vendors

People who are interested in TPE dolls, products, and services would like to have one-stop shopping - a convenient place to get the information they seek. They do not want that information to be buried in a flood of spam advertisements. However, due to the intense competition between TPE-related businesses, this is exactly what is happening on other websites.

Due to the flooding of advertisements (also known as "spam") by TPE-related businesses, the following policy has been adopted here. This is already part of the User Agreement for this website. It is spelled out in detail due to the problem created by TPE-related businesses (spamming). Not all TPE-related businesses are guilty of spamming, but those who are have made this policy a requirement for all.

Businesses related to the TPE doll industry are forbidden from posting anywhere except the "TPE Marketplace" board of "The Doll District" category. Any post outside of the "TPE Marketplace" board will be deleted. Arimecibo Island management will not take the time to edit or move your post.

Businesses related to the TPE doll industry will be granted exactly one (1) topic. Everything that you want to say about your products or services will limited to that one topic. One company tried to skirt the rules at Our Doll Community by hiding an advertisement in a holiday greeting. That kind of subterfuge will get you banned here. Advertise on your own website.

Businesses of any kind are allowed to post holiday greetings on their own board on the Arimecibo Island Forum with this restriction: No advertising of any kind, including in your signature.

Businesses of any kind are allowed to reply to posts on their own board on the Arimecibo Island Forum with this restriction: No advertising of any kind, including in your signature.

Any new products or services added to your lineup must be posted in the one topic granted to your business. New products or services added to your lineup will NOT be allowed topics.

Your one topic will be made a Sticky (pinned to the top of the board index). If a large number of TPE-related businesses are present, then the whole lot will be moved to separate Child Boards of "TPE Marketplace" so that TPE doll owners' new topics are not shoved off of the first page.

If TPE doll owners or prospective owners have questions, TPE-related businesses will be allowed to answer those questions in the topic created by the questioner. Your IP address is attached to every post. DO NOT try to fake a question to get another topic. That kind of subterfuge will get you banned here.

New TPE-related businesses will have to create their own topics. You would not want others to post on your topic. Do not post on theirs.

As stated earlier, this policy was made necessary by some TPE-related businesses spamming the boards at other websites. Arimecibo Island management will take a Zero Tolerance attitude toward offenders. You could not possibly come to the "TPE Marketplace" board without seeing this policy. Ignorance will not be considered an excuse.

C:-) C:-) C:-)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:06:35 PM by noquiexis »
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket 1940
Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4

Offline FlashGordoll

• Tourist
Re: Must read for TPE Manufacturers, Resellers, and Vendors
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 06:55:47 AM »
I have stupid a question for you noq:

If a 'member' not a TPE mftr or vendor want's to post about a new TPE doll but does not own it (its just out there on the web) where do they post about it?  If they're not the owner then surely it can't be posted in 'TPE owners' is 'Dolls in general' the correct place?

Offline incred

• Administrator
  • Tour Guide
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 08:47:07 AM »
I guess that depends on to whom you are asking the question.

If it is pacifically a TPE doll question directed to ownership ex. "How do you like your doll?" then the doll owner section.

If it is directed to a vendor about their dolls ex. "Can I get her with  :redhead:  :whistle: " Then the Manufacturers section.

It's not whether you own the doll or not. It's about getting information, and where to get it.

If some member posts a random TPE doll picture saying "she's HOT!" they still should post it in the owners section, or the Art Gallery.

Offline noquiexis

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Tour Guide
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • Five Lines Four Spaces
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 09:11:01 AM »
FlashGordoll,

That is a good question and one that I have struggled with to find a fair and equitable solution. Since most of the ODC moderators are here, we should get our heads together and see if there is a better way to handle this.

Regular forum members have often posted good deals that they have found online. "Dolls in general" and "Other Dolls" would be the place to put news about dolls that do not fit anywhere else.

Announcements of new dolls should go on the respective manufacturer's boards. Announcements of used dolls should go on "The Auction Block". If you are not the owner of the doll being sold, you could post your find on the manufacturer's board. Here that would be "TPE Marketplace". The idea is to try to make this "one stop shopping" for prospective doll owners.

The danger here is that a TPE doll seller might register as a regular member and try to spam the entire forum. That would be a nightmare for both management and the rest of the membership.

Each forum member may be assigned to a User Group that has access to specific boards. My thought here is to assign TPE makers and sellers access to the "TPE Marketplace" and nowhere else. Regular members who want to set up a conversation with TPE makers and sellers would have to do that on the "TPE Marketplace" board.

incred posted his thoughts while I was mulling over mine. I like his ideas!  :redhead:

:-X :-\ :-X
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket 1940
Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4

Offline FlashGordoll

• Tourist
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 09:45:57 AM »
If some member posts a random TPE doll picture saying "she's HOT!" they still should post it in the owners section, or the Art Gallery.
The bit in bold is the answer I was looking for. 
     That is a good question and one that I have struggled with to find a fair and equitable solution.
Just a thought but maybe 'TPE Owners' should be changed to 'TPE Members posts' or at least change the current description at the top of TPE Owners, currently it says:  Discussion by owners of dolls made of Thermoplastic elastomer (which implies its only for TPE owners).
Maybe that description could be changed to something like: Discussion of Thermoplastic elastomer dolls and other products - NOT FOR MANUFACTURERS OR VENDORS. 
At least it would keep out (in theory) those mftrs and vendors from spamming it and at the same time allow full discussion by members of any related TPE doll/product they might come across even if that member is not an owner of the TPE doll he or she is posting about.   
The danger here is that a TPE doll seller might register as a regular member and try to spam the entire forum. That would be a nightmare for both management and the rest of the membership.
     Each forum member may be assigned to a User Group that has access to specific boards. My thought here is to assign TPE makers and sellers access to the "TPE Marketplace" and nowhere else. Regular members who want to set up a conversation with TPE makers and sellers would have to do that on the "TPE Marketplace" board.
Yes I see the problem and that's the perfect solution. :thumb: Assigning user groups to TPE mftrs and vendors would cut out a large amount of the spam, granted you may still end up with random member sign ins (TPE spammers) now and again but that can be kept control of by deleting these random acts.