Author Topic: Roxie joins a very Exclusive Club!  (Read 703 times)

Offline crazycajun

• Tourist
  • Making the world a doll friendlier place
    • Miss Atleur
Roxie joins a very Exclusive Club!
« on: April 16, 2017, 09:33:30 AM »
Yesterday, 04-15-17,  Miss Roxanne Marie Morrison became a member of a very exclusive club indeed! She became the ( Third ) WMDolls; doll to receive a fully articulated and hinged neck assembly. This procedure was filmed by TommyLLama from the TDF forum he very graciously contributed his time and video equipment to capture this rather invasive procedure.

Her neck assembly was the worst of the three that I have done. It had no weld at all on 50% of the attachment point to the cruciform. and 1 collapsed spiral on the spiral pipe. This spiral had to be collapsed before the doll was molded, this is evident from the fact that the spiral pipe was 100% filled with TPE. So this is the second WMDolls doll that I have proof of that had a damaged neck assembly before doll was even molded!

I will post a link to the video as soon as we complete the editing!

Crazy Cajun and the Girls
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 09:35:05 AM by crazycajun »
CrazyCajun and the girls

Offline crazycajun

• Tourist
    • Miss Atleur
Re: Roxie joins a very Exclusive Club!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 09:06:23 PM »
  Well, we are still editing the video from Roxie's surgery, we are not editing anything out, but we are attempting to get a 5 hour procedure down to a reasonable time. Don't think anyone would care to watch a 5 hour surgery video. But TommyLLama did a very good job of capturing all of the details of the procedure, including the problems that we had, and so would anyone who attempted the surgery, that is why we want to leave in the problems and how we dealt with them as they arose.
  But until we get the video edited and posted here are a few pictures of the neck assembly that was removed from Roxie. This is the worst of the three dolls that I have performed this retrofit procedure on. Remember this doll is not yet a year old!

Remember these images when you get ready to purchase a doll with a gooseneck neck assembly!

CrazyCajun and the Girls
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 06:55:56 AM by crazycajun »
CrazyCajun and the girls

Offline Camp

• Administrator
  • Tourist
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 11:29:44 PM »
Great work, crazycajun.

Welcome Aboard our Fun Ship

Offline crazycajun

• Tourist
    • Miss Atleur
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 07:35:39 AM »
We finally have a live video of a Full Neck Retrofit Replacement. This video is brought to you by TommyLLama and we at MissAtleur cannot thank him enough. He volunteered his time " and it was considerable " his talent and it was considerable and his equipment to bring a full documented video to the doll community. This video is long, it is about 76 minutes, but if you are even remotely considering performing this retrofit procedure, I would highly recommend that you WATCH THIS VIDEO. If you would like it on a DVD contact us and we will get one to you.

I must warn all This video is very graphic. If you have a week stomach, Especially if you are a Synthetic "TPE" individual you may find some scenes disturbing, but I can assure you that the young lady Roxanne Marie Morrison was very pleased with the outcome!

Almost forgot The link: http://missatleur.com/Retrofit.htm

And an image of the scar after the surgery and recovery!

Thank you!

CrazyCajun and the Girls!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 06:54:19 AM by crazycajun »
CrazyCajun and the girls

Offline noquiexis

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • Five Lines Four Spaces
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 10:18:55 AM »
crazycajun,

Well done tutorial! You and TommyLLama have done a lot to help others with this tricky situation.

;) ;) ;)
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket 1940
Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4

Offline crazycajun

• Tourist
    • Miss Atleur
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 12:17:08 PM »
   We have a couple of more to do. We are hoping we can do a better job of documenting the procedure. It is like most things, a learning experience. But hopefully not very many will need to go down that road, as it is fraught with peril for sure!
CrazyCajun and the girls