Author Topic: SCAM beware syntheticdolls .com using Orient photos £1100  (Read 616 times)

Offline Haremlover

• Tourist
SCAM beware syntheticdolls .com using Orient photos £1100
« on: March 03, 2017, 06:26:15 PM »
On https://www. syntheticdolls .com/full-sized-sex-dolls there's a doll for £1100 "Sue" https://www. syntheticdolls .com/product-page/sue

Clicking the image for her reveals a photo in a bar of an Orient Industries doll taken from http://men.mthai.com/sex-playboy/53949.html and no doubt other sources.

http://1000giribest.com/177304.html

Perhaps others might dig out more info on this site. They claim to originate in Scotland and Trading Standards should be informed.

Best wishes

Harem

Offline noquiexis

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Tour Guide
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • Five Lines Four Spaces
Re: SCAM beware syntheticdolls .com using Orient photos £1100
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 09:11:53 PM »
     It is wise to be cautious of any new business, especially when that business is online. The owner of that website, "Brick", admits to being new in the game, and that his website has 'issues' that need to be corrected. That by itself does not prove him a scammer, only a newbie. Comments on his post at Our Doll Community may be a bit harsh. All businesses have startup problems, and online businesses have an extra level of complexity. I suggest that we give him a chance to prove himself one way or the other.

:-X ??? :-X

"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket 1940
Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4

Offline Haremlover

• Tourist
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 08:23:30 AM »
Hmm. I admire greatly people's charitable spirit but dolls are under fire. Customs in Hong Kong have stopped allowing them through considering them contraband, and there have been real problems caused to DHL, Fedex and TNT over payment of VAT or other import taxes causing these companies to be circumspect recently. So it's important for doll sellers to be professional.

In the UK we've got LovedollUK, Cloud Climax and The Doll House all three of whom are really professional.

Recently a bloke lost out as a result of an unprofessional seller, a newbie like this Brick chap who didn't know what he was doing, cut profits close to the bone to attract business but at a level that was unsustainable so that when disaster hit he couldn't recompense the customer. He didn't know what he was doing so he imported 100cm dolls with an A-cup body and, as a drop-ship merchant, put the buyer in the cart when customs confiscated the doll.

The buyer simply wanted a small doll easy to hide.

I've been helping some UK doll enthusiasts with customs difficulties and have got two released from Customs in negotiation.

I tried on the 100cm doll thinking it was the D cup adult body type but when realising the seller had sold an A cup body realised the case was impossible.

So the customer lost out.

He's from another country working in the UK and earning £8 doing nights at a fast food joint. The loss of his doll represented 100 hours work.

I put together a deal with Sam at WM for a WM155 doll at factory gate price to replace the lost doll. The seller, near bankrupt, could only manage £100 in compensation. Phil at The Doll House (good UK vendor) and I contributed a little to bail out the  situation and the buyer sacrificed his holiday money to match WM's generosity. So a new doll is on her way.

And I don't want to hear of such situations again where people lose out.

Sellers who advertise a ?$10,000 Orient doll for £1100 either don't know what they're doing or are being scammed or are scammers. Whichever it is such people entering the market without enough knowledge or experience to discern dolls and price levels to ensure sustainable economic viability are a hazard to the public.

Why does someone enter the market? Because they see some Alibaba or DHgate advert ;-) and see the prices and then see the reputable sellers' prices and then think there's a fast penny to be turned and a buck to be made.

A reality is that the bloke's never imported a doll himself and knows nothing about them. Why? Because I went through the buying process on his website and realised that anyone buying from him will be slipping on a banana skin and faced with a very nasty and unexpected surprise when the doll's sent.

This sort of seller leads dolls and the whole of the doll hobby into disrepute and makes life difficult for the responsible sellers and will cause the transport of dolls to be shut down.

People in the US are very lucky with at least four home grown brands but people in England have to rely on imports. With Brexit the situation will be made even more difficult.

Sellers showing evidence of naivity, at best the blind leading the blind, and undercutting businesses operating professionally and serving people well and reliably, shouldn't come anywhere near to achieving approval or encouragement as sellers until they've shown evidence of professionalism and enthusiasm over sufficient period for them to know the ropes.

You wouldn't like to fly in a plane without the pilot having taken his commercial pilot's exams. The pilot of this website hasn't even taken his PPL.

Best wishes

Harem

Offline odc061210

• Tourist
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 12:57:35 PM »
Perhaps someone at ODC could "invite" Brick to post over here as well.  I may  be getting fooled, but he doesn't sound like a scammer.  He may get some useful information or feedback here from "certain people" who "don't participate" at ODC.

Offline Haremlover

• Tourist
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 01:27:23 PM »
I may  be getting fooled, but he doesn't sound like a scammer.

Perhaps I'll rephrase my opinion. If this newbie to dolls can land a genuine Orient Industry doll in Sussex for the grand sum of £1100 he's a genius.

Either that or he's being scammed himself.

Either way, discernment is vital in the doll world and one has to rely on the professionalism and experience of the doll vendors.

From what I can see, the pilot of that aeroplane hasn't even done a stint on Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Even experienced pilots can get it wrong such as the one who might have forgotten which plane he was in https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/03/shoreham-plane-flew-too-slowly-for-loop-the-loop-disaster-report-says

Doll vendors giving guidance to others and taking their money should be known in the doll world for enough time to demonstrate that they know what they're doing and demonstrate provenance of their wares through to the manufacturers. I bet that if one asked the manufacturers whether this newbie was a known buyer from them, the result would be rather a blank.

There are fakes produced in China with TPE of disastrous quality. If a vendor doesn't know his sources and the dolls are cheap, then one might well get palmed off with a fake. If the vendor doesn't price enough profit into his business then he can't reimburse the customer.

It's for these reasons that vendors such as this pose significant hazards.

Best wishes

Harem

Offline noquiexis

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Tour Guide
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • Five Lines Four Spaces
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 02:15:38 PM »
     I agree with the points made. This fellow seems sincere, but he also seems to be clueless about the doll industry. He may be selling another "Rollex ripoff" and not even know it. I would recommend waiting until he makes a sale in Scotland (or at least the UK) where the buyer can trace him through the shipping address. If he gets a good review, then maybe we can find out more about how his business is proceeding.

:-\ :-X :-\
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket 1940
Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4

Offline Haremlover

• Tourist
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 04:07:35 PM »
Yes - of course I'm happy to give people the benefit of the doubt. But people who buy dolls need to be protected from the clueless for the reason that many people come to dolls at an emotional and often financial low point in their lives. They don't want a bad purchase to send them even lower.

That's why Phil at https://www.the-doll-house.com and I clubbed together to help out a bloke who did end up hurt by an inept seller having come to the business in a similar way put our money where our mouths are to help him out.

If this seller has a significant investment backing in the business so that he can bail people out, then gambling with purchasing from him might not be unpleasant if the deal goes pear shaped. But to some at an emotional low, the experience could be pretty horrific.

Perhaps rather than causing someone to have to risk good money just to find out who the bloke is and where, a forum happy to give him publicity might themselves do so on conditions that he provides evidence as to identity and resources of the business and uses members with familiarity with business in the region to apply responsible scrutiny.

Here's a response from the seller whose customer Phil and I bailed out:
I have had my internet cut off at home, I could not afford the bill, I am using my parents internet to contact you.
I will give you my suppliers details for you to see if you can do anything for Mr Xxxx.

Until things change in my circumstances all I can do is sell he few things I own to try compensate Vlad, If I had some sales I could have resolved this but . . . (I haven't had any)

Out of all the sales I had I did not sell enough to even earn a wage, and was not enough to help with my bills, I am currently in around £20000+ in debt, and yes I can prove this.

I did not design the website and never asked to pay or register for VAT as I knew nothing about it, that was a mistake made on a third party who has since vanished and left me to do the work, I am very new to business and looking after four kids and 2 disabled family members which leaves me with no time to do anything, it is a miracle I got this far. I am apparently in need of help, I suffer from severe anxiety and depression, all I wanted to do was feed my family, we are jobless and live in rented accommodation.

I really don't want to see such correspondence from another inept supplier and people hurt as a result.

Seeing dolls cheaply on Aliexpress and seeing what price they have to be sold at delivered in the UK is a temptation to think of easy profit. But there's a good deal more to it than that.

The fact that he advertises "TPE silicone" dolls isn't at all impressive, and, having had the Orient Doll "mistake" drawn to his attention still keeps on https://www. syntheticdolls. com/full-sized-sex-dolls as the top banner

Sue £1100
as an invitation to pass over to him dosh for something we all know is impossible for him to deliver . . . might say something beyond "inept" "mistake" or "naive".

Best wishes

Harem
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 04:11:06 PM by Haremlover »

Offline odc061210

• Tourist
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 06:35:54 AM »
Brick has not posted "over there" for a couple of days now though it was a weekend.  If he is honest, I hope he has not become discouraged by negative feedback.  If he is not honest, .....