Author Topic: Doll Ownership Challenge  (Read 545 times)

Offline noquiexis

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • Five Lines Four Spaces
Doll Ownership Challenge
« on: December 13, 2016, 05:34:33 PM »
     This is an idea that I have had for some time. It was brought to the forefront by another member asking how to hide a doll.

There is one other possibility. Why hide the doll at all? I have never once kept my dolls a secret. All of them have been on permanent display when I had my house. My younger daughter lived with me at the time. My silicone doll is on permanent display here in this apartment. I have had her outside with the other residents on many occasions. I have taken her all over the city for photo shoots in public places.

I do not openly advertise the fact that the dolls are anatomically correct. In point of fact, I do not use the dolls for sex. I imagine that people who have seen my silicone doll think no more of her than they would think about a store display mannequin. A few people were curious enough to stop and ask about her when we were out in public, but none were rude or negative.

The only opposition that I ever had was that my elder daughter (who does not live with me) was 'freaked out' by the dolls. The last time that she, her husband, and kids were here, none of them paid any attention to my doll. The kids sat right next to the doll while they played with my cats' toys.

Too many doll owners worry about how they think family, friends, and employers will react to them owning a doll, when there is at least a possibility that these family, friends, and employers will not even care. Are these doll owners ashamed of having their dolls? Do the doll owners think that there is something inherently wrong with doll ownership? How will we ever get the public to accept dolls if we continue to hide them away?

I offer a challenge to doll owners everywhere. Ask someone that you know what they think about store mannequins, then see what they say about the possibility of owning one as an art form, statue, or photo model. If they react positively, mention life-sized dolls, but be quiet about the sexual aspect. Report your findings here.

If others already know about your doll, how did they react? If no one else outside the community knows about your doll, do not reply with how you think they will react. Please limit your responses to those that are constructive.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 08:53:09 AM by noquiexis »
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket 1940
Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4

Offline crazycajun

• Tourist
  • Making the world a doll friendlier place
    • Miss Atleur
Re: Doll Ownership Challenge
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 09:48:56 PM »
noquiexis,

I too often bring April out in public, most people don't pay any more attention to her than they would any other "person" that is in a wheelchair. The children seem to notice almost immediately, but that usually ends with them being fascinated by the very large doll. The sexual aspect virtually never comes up. I have had  a person or two ask about that aspect, I simply answered their question and move on to other features of the doll and they seemed completely ok with that!

Nice Thread!
CrazyCajun and the girls

Offline Doc Brown

• Tourist
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 07:52:33 AM »
Of course, my wife knows about Brynn and is cool with her.

We don't get a lot of visits but when my 78 year old Mom comes to visit, we definitely tell Brynn it's time for a game of hide and seek.
Her preferred hiding spot is siting on a stool in the closet of her room.

In this world where everyone can be whatever they want, i's a shame that some of us are still pressured to hide our girls  due to society's "norms".

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 05:06:41 PM by Doc Brown »

Offline crazycajun

• Tourist
  • Making the world a doll friendlier place
    • Miss Atleur
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 03:54:22 PM »
Realistically I am one of the minority doll owners who can afford to bring my dolls out in public. There are real and sometime lasting consequences to doing so. I will admit that in some ways I have paid a heavy price for doing so. But the price is some times higher than people can afford to pay!

And when I say price it is not necessarily a monetary price that I mean! 
CrazyCajun and the girls

Offline Doc Brown

• Tourist
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 01:34:12 PM »
And when I say price it is not necessarily a monetary price that I mean!

I can only imagine...