Author Topic: refund request  (Read 490 times)

Offline odc061210

• Tourist
refund request
« on: January 13, 2018, 11:20:46 AM »
On Dec 31, 2017 I sent an email to Sinthetics requesting they cancel my order and refund my deposit. As of today, Jan 13, 2018, I have not received a response. Also today their web page http://sinthetics.com/about/faq/#Policies indicates that they have a policy to issue refunds subject to a 10% fee.

Offline noquiexis

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Tour Guide
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • Five Lines Four Spaces
Re: refund request
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 01:44:27 PM »
     There are multitudinous reports of Sinthetics being slow to fulfill orders and not communicating with paying customers. Matt Krivicike has some of the most beautiful dolls on the market, but the absolute worst business sense.

When people report waiting two years or longer for a doll, that tells me that doll-making cannot possibly be his bread-and-butter. It must be something that he does on the side of whatever keeps a roof over his head.

I have Met Matt and Bronwen in person. They are really good people, but Matt needs to decide what he wants to do and concentrate on that. Right now it appears that he has too many irons in the fire.

"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket 1940
Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4

Offline odc061210

• Tourist
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 05:32:25 PM »
My reasons for cancelling my order are NOT related to my own wait but to other issues with Sinthetics' business practices. My order has been on 'hold' at my request so I consider my wait time to be negligible.

Offline noquiexis

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Tour Guide
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • Five Lines Four Spaces
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 06:52:25 PM »
odc061210,

My apologies! I assumed this because it is such a common problem with Sinthetics. I know there are other concerns that people have besides the wait time and non-communication.

:-[ :-[ :-[
 Your dreams come true"

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4

Offline odc061210

• Tourist
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 09:41:44 PM »
noquiexis,

No problem. The folks who know me know that I take business practices VERY seriously, more seriously even than the appearance of the dolls. I thought it was important to clarify that my reasons for cancelling my order do not include the typical long delays in production. They DO include but are not limited to the typical long delays (or total lack of response) in communication.

Offline odc061210

• Tourist
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 08:00:49 AM »
More than two months and .... crickets. I sent a second email in mid-February. Somehow I doubt I'm the only person who has requested a refund and received no response of any kind.

Offline odc061210

• Tourist
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 10:04:22 AM »
It has now been more than four months since I requested a refund. I have received no communication of any kind in response from Sinthetics. Their web page http://sinthetics.com/about/faq/#Policies currently (still) includes this statement:

Refund/Cancellation policy: An order can be canceled in writing prior to the start of production. A 10% fee will be retained on canceled orders, plus the price of any special ordered items that have been special ordered or come into stock (wigs, eyes, personal shopper outfits etc). Once an order has entered production it cannot be canceled but we will assist in an owner transfer if necessary. The 10% fee retained covers administrative costs, time spent with clients, materials etc.

FWIW it would be 'very helpful' for me to have the money.

Offline noquiexis

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Tour Guide
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • Five Lines Four Spaces
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 08:12:17 PM »
     One has to wonder if Sinthetics deliberately withholds refunds in order to prevent people from buying another brand of doll. On the other hand, their clearly inferior business practices have been documented on several websites.

One also has to wonder what MattK and Bronwen do for a living, as it is clearly not the manufacture and sales of life-sized dolls. Perhaps there was something in the law suit with Matt McMullen that has stemmed Sinthetic's desire to produce any kind of doll. We may never know.

:?*?: :-X :?*?:
 Your dreams come true"