Author Topic: Mike Tango's imported doll  (Read 110 times)

Offline odc061210

• Tourist
Mike Tango's imported doll
« on: April 26, 2018, 09:12:29 AM »
'Over there' Mike is complaining about a damaged doll. I note that on his arrival photo the packaging has been sealed (almost certainly resealed) with tape reading INSPECTED BY CANADA CUSTOMS. While reports of abuse of dolls by customs inspectors are relatively rare, I too had an event several years ago where Occam's Razor says the customs inspectors abused one of my dolls. Circumstances:
- while it is in the interest of the doll manufacturer to pack the doll carefully, customs has no incentive other than professionalism to treat a doll that they are handling respectfully
- in my experience a significant proportion of government employees are ... to put it gently .... little more than irresponsible, careless, often drugged-up, petty criminals - ditto for their supervisors and any internal quality assurance processes even if those processes exist
- we doll fuckers are sufficiently despised my many people that some customs inspector and his coworkers may easily think it is fucking funny to abuse a sex doll
- there is no practical legal recourse to file a complaint with customs saying 'please investigate whether an inspector abused my sex doll' - such a complaint would most likely be laughed off and/or ignored
My thought is the best option would be, if the shipment was insured against damage, that Ruby file an insurance claim.

Offline odc061210

• Tourist
Re: Mike Tango's imported doll
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 01:39:37 PM »
Another thought.... The tape also says FedEx. Who sources the tape? FedEx or customs? FedEx employees may be no better or no worse than customs. It's possible that some FedEx guys damaged the doll and taped the package up again with the tape that their company gives to Canada customs. Every person who handled that package is a suspect.

Offline noquiexis

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Tour Guide
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • Five Lines Four Spaces
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 08:21:04 PM »
     Whether this was a sex doll or not, it is a product that crossed a national border. If customs deliberately or irresponsibly damaged this product, then someone should be held accountable. It is extremely unlikely that FedEx opened this package. More likely the customs agent did not bother to re-seal the box, and FedEx did the re-sealing before the box was transported further.

::) ::) ::)
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket 1940
Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4

Offline odc061210

• Tourist
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 09:12:16 PM »
     Whether this was a sex doll or not, it is a product that crossed a national border. If customs deliberately or irresponsibly damaged this product, then someone should be held accountable. It is extremely unlikely that FedEx opened this package. More likely the customs agent did not bother to re-seal the box, and FedEx did the re-sealing before the box was transported further.

::) ::) ::)
'Should' is a wonderful word. In my experience one that too often has no impact. Of the three 'suspects', I trust Jim much more than either FedEx or Canada customs. Unfortunately Mike and Jim are the victims here. I wonder if Jim insured the shipment.

Offline Camp

• Administrator
  • Tourist
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 11:28:37 PM »
I've tried to slow down the lynch mob.

I sure hope that box was insured.

Every Canadian Customs agent I've ever dealt with in my adult life has been a certified asshole. No exceptions.

I wouldn't doubt it for a minute they had a million laughs with that Doll. I'll bet it's on someone's twitter page.

While I feel bad for Mike, I feel worse for Jim, because in the end, he will have lost the most, while doing the best he could and then some.
Welcome Aboard our Fun Ship