Author Topic: For sale - my order at Sinthetics  (Read 112 times)

Offline odc061210

• Tourist
For sale - my order at Sinthetics
« on: August 04, 2018, 07:54:36 AM »
I don't know if this will fly with Sinthetics but WTH ....

I placed an order in December 2013 with a $2000 deposit. As I understand it the 'value' of my order is the $2000 deposit AND the 'locked in' low sale price that was in effect at the time I placed my order. Incidentally, the last time I got a response on the question from Sinthetics, and it's been MANY months, I was reassured that the discount price was still locked in even though the list price of the dolls has increased in the intervening years.

In December 2017 I decided to cancel my order and requested a refund. Seven months. Crickets. At this point I really just want whatever money I can salvage from this transaction. Sinthetics' refund policy, still posted on their web site as I write this, is a 10% refund fee. So if they were communicating with me AND processing refund requests, I'd be expecting $1800.

I'm asking $1600 for my order. Subject to Sinthetics agreeing, you get a $2000 credit towards a doll and MAYBE the discounted price in effect in 2013. Your mission:
- get Sinthetics to talk to you (heh)
- get them to talk to ME (to 'translate' a userid at arimecibo to an order number in their database) (BIG heh)
- get them to agree to transfer my order to you
- get them to send me a check for $1600 (to preserve as much anonymity as possible, I want them to handle the money)
- send them the $1600 (or whatever they decide to charge you for this deal)

Any takers?

Offline noquiexis

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Tour Guide
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • Five Lines Four Spaces
Re: For sale - my order at Sinthetics
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 11:31:36 AM »
Any and all,

The level of "customer service" at Sinthetics has been well documented at Our Doll Community and quite likely other non-prejudiced doll websites. It is well known that Sinthetics has lost other customers due to a lack of response to customer inquiries and demands.

For perspective, odc061210 did report that he sent an e-mail to Sinthetics on Dec 31, 2017 to request a refund of his deposit.

"When you order a doll we require a minimum $2,000 deposit. This deposit puts you into the production queue and we order the wigs, eyes and other accessory products. Assembly of the skeleton begins."

"We do not pour silicone until the order is paid in full."

"Refund/Cancellation policy: An order can be canceled in writing prior to the start of production. A 10% fee will be retained on canceled orders, plus the price of any special ordered items that have been special ordered or come into stock (wigs, eyes, personal shopper outfits etc). Once an order has entered production it cannot be canceled but we will assist in an owner transfer if necessary. The 10% fee retained covers administrative costs, time spent with clients, materials etc."

odc061210,

When Sinthetics accepted your deposit payment, they should have ordered items that could have been used elsewhere (wigs, eyes, etc.), should you decide to cancel your order. Although there was no time specified for the cancellation refund, their refusal to provide that refund upon your request is a violation of your rights as a paying customer.

I do sympathize with your plight. Although many current and prospective doll owners would prefer to maintain anonymity, I suggest that you settle this matter in a court of law. Because of the time since your refund request, Sinthetics should pay interest on the amount withheld.

"Why do we call Sinthetics manikins not love dolls?
 It is our experience that the term “doll” can give a limiting context to these pieces of art. We are proud of the beautiful, hand crafted items we produce and want them to be appreciated as multi-functional rather than simply pigeon-holing them into the easy go-to connotation of the word “sexdoll”. We view our products as usable art, and our clients as art collectors."

Since Sinthetics thinks so highly of their product, their manikins need not be identified as "dolls", "love dolls", or "sex dolls" in any court of law.

:-X :?*?: :-X
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket 1940
Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4

Offline odc061210

• Tourist
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 11:41:27 AM »
I suggest that you settle this matter in a court of law.
Anonymity aside, I have pursued enough legal remedies in my lifetime to know that the time and money required to 'settle this matter in a court of law' is far in excess even of the full value of the doll. Sinthetics knows this as well, as do Abyss and every other manufacturer of silicone dolls which is why the manufacturers are, for the most part, safe from legal remedies. The exception would be if the amount was small enough to be adjudicated in a Small Claims Court in MY jurisdiction. It is not.

Offline odc061210

• Tourist
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 02:27:53 PM »
I think it's worth mentioning that, given little interest in my offer here and having no other real options, I also posted this item at the UK forum. There has been no interest, but none the less, more feedback there. I was accused of trying to rip people off. So I asked what value people would place on a $2000 deposit with Sinthetics. The answer, qualified by being based on my experience, was 'very little'. I didn't realize that Sinthetics reputation had deteriorated to the point where, other than possibly at ODC, it is difficult to find someone on a forum who is interested in doing business with them.

Offline noquiexis

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Tour Guide
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • Five Lines Four Spaces
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 08:15:39 PM »
     Sinthetics does have good product, but absolutely no business sense. Obviously the making of dolls is not their bread and butter. I still think your best option is to seek a legal means of getting your refund. You could add your legal fees to the claim against Sinthetics.

I hate to see this come to pass, but they only did it to themselves. There is no excuse for the long wait times and lack of communication with paying customers.

::) :-X ::)
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket 1940
Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4