Author Topic: Dressember 2018  (Read 34 times)

Offline noquiexis

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Tour Guide
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • Five Lines Four Spaces
Dressember 2018
« on: October 11, 2018, 11:29:12 PM »
Dressember 2018

I support the Dressember Foundation (see my forum post here) which works to free people from human slavery and sex trafficking. Ladies who join Dressember wear a dress every day throughout December (Dress + December = "Dressember") and men wear neckties or bow ties every day. Advocates donate and raise funds to support Grant Partners who work to prevent people from being trafficked and to aid those who are already trapped in this indignity. Since the program began, over $5 million was raised. During 2017 they raised $2 million. The 2018 goal is $3 million.

Dressember partners with Elegantees (and other Brand Partners) to help provide employment for those rescued from slavery and sex trafficking and to prevent others from being forced into those indignities.

The Dressember 2018 Collection includes several Elegantees dresses that were designed by celebrities. Jennifer's Dress that I acquired in January 2017 was designed by Dressember Founder and CEO Blythe Hill.

I purchased four dresses from the Dressember 2018 Collection. They were expected to arrive in November, but the first one arrived on October 11. It is the Danielle Dress in Indigo, designed by Danielle Urban.

The first dress that I ordered was designed by Jennifer Morrison. It is the Jennifer Dress in Blue Slate

I also ordered the same dress in Ruby Red.*

Among the other dresses that I like is the Jes Dress in Aubergine, designed by Jessica Rey. The response to the new collection was so great that this dress SOLD OUT in the first week of October! Once the sewing team gets caught up, they will be taking new orders for this dress.

I counted 43 dresses in the current studio wardrobe (before the Danielle arrived), so I have plenty to choose from. I plan to put a different dress on Feodora every day of December. Rather than post the "normal_" size pictures here, I will format the page in the same fashion as the Our Doll Community Monthly Photo Challenge Winners page.

* Jennifer Morrison stared in the ABC drama Once Upon A Time. Meghan Ory played the characters of Ruby and Red Lucas. (Ruby / Red) I have to wonder if the design team chose that color name for this coincidence.

:heart: :-* :heart:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 05:52:20 PM by noquiexis »
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket 1940
Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4

Offline Haremlover

• Tourist
Re: Dressember 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 01:34:58 PM »
A brilliant endeavour

Best wishes

Harem

Offline noquiexis

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Tour Guide
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • Five Lines Four Spaces
Re: Dressember 2018
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 06:06:31 PM »
     The four dresses that I pre-ordered are in. There are a few items for the 2018 campaign that have not yet arrived, but I do not need them until December. I did get some bow ties, but it is a bit early to post pictures of myself wearing them.

My campaign page has my real name on it, so I will not post that here. If you would like to donate or register for Dressember, just go to http://www.dressember.org/. If you really want to donate to my campaign page, send me a PM here and I will send  it to you.

:) :) :)
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket 1940
Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4