Author Topic: Fine Love Dolls unsubstantiated claim  (Read 70 times)

Offline odc061210

• Tourist
Fine Love Dolls unsubstantiated claim
« on: May 11, 2020, 07:26:27 AM »
There is a post 'over there' this morning where a poster identifying themselves as finelovedolls claims that they have received a favorable ruling from Paypal on a dispute. The dispute as reported by another poster 'over there' is that the doll was not delivered to the shipping address.

As a doll buyer who has always been critical of the business practices of doll vendors, this post and the topic it was posted to raises a question and a concern:
-Question: does finelovedolls have a history of satisfactory service as evidenced by other topics on any forum? (TDF doesn't count because they have a years long history of partiality.)
-MAJOR CONCERN: finelovedolls is claiming a favorable ruling but does not provide a link to that ruling. A reader (like me) has no way to know if their claim is not simply a lie. Without confirmation of Paypal's ruling, there is no way for a third party to know if the ruling exists, what the actual ruling was, how the ruling was investigated, and, most important, whether that ruling specifically reviewed the buyer's claim of delivery to the wrong address. In another post, finelovedolls wrote

Your Paypal shipping address was also this very US address, as well as your IP address.

which makes no sense because an IP address can't be a shipping address. This ridiculous misstatement casts doubt upon the credibility of finelovedolls even it no other assertions were available. Furthermore the buyer clearly stated that the shipping address was specified on the order. There is no reason to assume or believe that the shipping address on the order was the same as a Paypal shipping address.

There's enough 'ick' here that I would never consider doing business with finelovedolls. Just sayin'

Offline noquiexis

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • Five Lines Four Spaces
Re: Fine Love Dolls unsubstantiated claim
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 09:17:55 AM »
     I cannot speak on behalf of either party in this dispute, but I can give my observations.

One need only an occasional glance at the news to know that the restrictions imposed by governing officials are in flux. The international business that I personally deal with are either restricted or closed altogether. Some domestic businesses, while still operating, are experiencing slowdowns.

I had to look at the topic in question to see what was going on. For those who do not know, "An Internet Protocol address IP address is a numerical label assigned to each device connected to a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication. An IP address serves two main functions: host or network interface identification and location addressing." (Wikipedia)

The "location addressing" might give a country and city, but not an exact physical address. Why anyone would even mention that for a shipping location seems a bit 'out there'. If I order something for one of my daughters, I would give my Ohio address for billing and their Nebraska addresses for shipping. If I ordered that same thing while I was there visiting them, my IP address would show me as being in Nebraska.

Apparently the buyer lives in one country (USA or Italy) and does business in other countries. If there was only one address block on the order form (which seems unlikely), then the buyer gave the wrong shipping address. If there were two address blocks on the order form (billing and shipping), the vendor's mistake was that they misread the billing address as the shipping address.

There is also the possibility that the buyer changed his mind, after the purchase, of where he wanted the doll shipped. By the time he informed the seller, the doll was already en route. Without further information, we may never know the whole truth.

:-\ :coffee: :-\
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket 1940
Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4