Author Topic: Coppermine upload problem  (Read 15 times)

Offline noquiexis

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • Sailing on a dream!
    • Five Lines Four Spaces
Coppermine upload problem
« on: May 11, 2020, 11:00:48 AM »
    There has been a problem uploading photos to either of the Coppermine Photo Gallery portions of this website. On 19 Feb 2020, the web host migrated the entire website to a new server. This "upgrade" was their idea, not mine.

Although I do have some non-doll photos on the website, I seldom upload any photos except those involving Feodora. On 1 Apr 2020 (April Fools Day) I was unable to upload any photo through Coppermine Photo Gallery. After bandying with the web host, they fixed the problem on their end.

The problem re-occurred when I tried to upload photos on 8 Mar 2020. I went through the same rigmarole with the web host. They asked for my admin login information so they could see the Coppermine Photo Gallery configuration file. I gave them my login details for the Magnus Bay Colony Photo Gallery. I did not trust them with the Arimecibo Island Photo Gallery.

A couple of the web host admins tinkered with the "thumbnail" (thumb_) and "reduced size" (normal_) settings. (WTF?) One finally changed the resize utility from ImageMagic (which had been working for over three years on the original server) to the GD2 graphics utility.

Somewhere along the way, they installed, then removed, the beta version of Coppermine Photo Gallery (cpg1.6.08). While cpg1.6.x will work with PHP7.x, the current stable version (cpg1.5.48) will not. The long and short of it is that Coppermine Photo Gallery will once again handle uploads.

It should be noted that the current stable version of Coppermine Photo Gallery (cpg1.5.48) can use flash to upload images.
Documentation: "Coppermine comes with two upload interfaces: a traditional one that is using plain HTML methods and allows uploading one file at a time and an advanced, flash-driven interface that allows several files to be uploaded from one screen."

It should be noted that Adobe Flash has been deprecated and will no longer be supported as of 31 Dec 2020. The Coppermine Photo Gallery flash uploader will no longer function.

"End-users can view Flash content via Flash Player (for web browsers), AIR (for desktop or mobile apps) or third-party players such as Scaleform (for video games). Adobe Flash Player (supported on Microsoft Windows, macOS and Linux) enables end-users to view Flash content using web browsers. Adobe Flash Lite enabled viewing Flash content on older smartphones, but has been discontinued and superseded by Adobe AIR." (Wikipedia) Get Adobe Air

:-X :-\ :-X
"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket 1940
Trixie and Dixie "the twins" are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Feodora Set 1 Feodora Set 2 Feodora Set 3 Feodora Set 4